- Compatible XF Versions
- 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
- Visible Branding
- Additional Requirements
For 2.1+ versions:
• XenForo 2.1
• PHP 7+
- Link XF Versions
- XF2.1: https://enxf.net/resources/math.632/version/1502/download
This addon will turn all LaTeX math on your forum to a fancy, sharp and scalable math!
It also adds the "Insert math" button to an editor that greately simplifies the process of adding math to your messages, threads, pages and so on. It also works with xenForo AJAX (loading content on the fly without page reloading) system!
This is an open source addon. You can visit GitHub repository for source code.
LaTeX ⟶ Fancy math
Users can write math formulas and equations with LaTeX notation wich then will be turned to a fancy math by powerful MathJax engine. Here is how it works:
Two types of math are supported: inline and block math. Inline math is smaller and commonly used inside the text. In the image above the cosmological constant (green) is an example of inline math.
Block is bigger and is used for standalone big equations and formulas. In the image above the Einstein field equation (blue) is an example of block math.
All math is rendered as text and automatically inherits all its properties: color, line height, font size and so on. As a result you get scalable math that perfectly fits any style and color scheme:
"Insert math" button
With this addon you will notice a new button in text editor toolbar:
This button greately simplifies the process of adding math to threads and posts.
There are two ways to insert math:
1. Use Wiris (MathType) visual editor. This is the best option for users not familiar with LaTeX.
It also supports handwriting!
2. Direct LaTeX input. Even so when typing code you will immediately see the output :
When loading page math is rendering with automatic line breaks applied in order to fit its container. How is it working?
Here is a block math that is shorter than its container:
Look what happens when loading the same message in narrow mode:
Moreover, if you dynamically change the width of browser window and container becomes too narrow to render math in full width it automatically adds scroll bars to prevent layout breaking:
Options and customization
You have a full control of where and how math will be rendered on your forum:
- Render math everywhere or in 5 predefined places (Titles, Content, Pages, Signatures, About)
- Specify custom selectors where math will (or will not) be rendered
- Customize MathJax confing
- Download the addon
- Upload contents of upload folder to your forum root
- In admin control panel go to "Addons" section and install Math