a little help to the moderators

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Every time I enter the forum there is always a queue for approval of users who register, most of them are spam, but I see moderators who do nothing when they see those ads in the left corner of their monitor. I don't participate much in the forum, but I do help with the spam, please. A little help

example also spam junk posts like in the image
1702345945317.png

If spam is not controlled in the forum, it will be filled with junk posts and also with bots that register. I mean, I'm not the only moderator here who has to pay attention to that. Please, I'm just asking for a little help.

I previously made a post with this same problem and I think they didn't pay much attention to me.

ShieldX

Registered

Every time I enter the forum there is always a queue for approval of users who register, most of them are spam, but I see moderators who do nothing when they see those ads in the left corner of their monitor. I don't participate much in the forum, but I do help with the spam, please. A little help

View attachment 38319
If spam is not controlled in the forum, it will be filled with junk posts and also with bots that register. I mean, I'm not the only moderator here who has to pay attention to that. Please, I'm just asking for a little help.

I previously made a post with this same problem and I think they didn't pay much attention to me.
sucre13same shit keep happening in my forum , i disable email verification so that people can easily , but people miss use it alot.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

View attachment 38319

sucre13I banned a lot of them too, there are so many on that forum, it would be the best to change something.

Registration check (moderation of new users) which is already done and the second thing would be to moderate the posts of users until they can be moved into a second / next group, where the checks are no longer required. This would prevent that the spam message will be shown to everyone, it will only be visible by the moderation team. So the work still need to be done
Maybe there are some more suggestions @ENXF NET @sucre13 @Pr0fesseur @Splicho @DareSec @thomsa @Loki

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

I banned a lot of them too, there are so many on that forum, it would be the best to change something.

Registration check (moderation of new users) which is already done and the second thing would be to moderate the posts of users until they can be moved into a second / next group, where the checks are no longer required. This would prevent that the spam message will be shown to everyone, it will only be visible by the moderation team. So the work still need to be done
Maybe there are some more suggestions @ENXF NET @sucre13 @Pr0fesseur @Splicho @DareSec @thomsa @Loki
BattleKingIf registration challenges aren't really working, I would try to analyze the last few banned accounts to see if they share some kind of pattern. For example, email providers, IPs they come from, Countries they come from and ban them accordingly.

On my forums I have banned the most common email providers because of this and only allow a selected few.

aab985030

Registered

It's all about reducing spam. I ban by country (GeoIP bans). This doesn't stop them completely but it reduces it massively. Iso block IP ranges now if there is an influx of spam. Also signups need verification as well and the signup pages are moved.

Works brilliant.

ShieldX

Registered

when i used spam addon , it block some first time registration also , that why ignore that addon.

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I use a wholistic approach registered members cannot post for first 5 mins, all posts have to be moderated, and you must use 2fa to register....