I can't see new registered users in the approval queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shluk

Registered

I set registration to require manual approval in the registration set up but they do't show up for some reason
so I have to approve them from the ACP by searching new users and seeing which one is on the waiting approval status.

anyone knows how to fix this please ?

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

he is super mod and super admin. the site sits on a subdomain, could that be the reason the approval queue doesn't show new registered users ?
shlukto set Approve / reject users at General moderator permissions to yes.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

to set Approve / reject users at General moderator permissions to yes.
thomsaThat is the right answer, the main admin (during the board setup) got this right by default, all others need to get this setting to be assigned

shluk

Registered

That is the right answer, the main admin (during the board setup) got this right by default, all others need to get this setting to be assigned
BattleKingall permissions in the moderating group are set to yes exapt require 2 step verification and the approval queue still doesn't respond

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

all permissions in the moderating group are set to yes exapt require 2 step verification and the approval queue still doesn't respond
shlukIf you want I could have a look into it, please sent me a PM with the details of your board.

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Try to do the approval through email is easier because if you put it manually you will lose users waiting for you to approve it when they are looking for some information

shluk

Registered

Try to do the approval through email is easier because if you put it manually you will lose users waiting for you to approve it when they are looking for some information
sucre13both dont work. the forum doesnt send emails nor does it show the approval queue

shluk

Registered

the test users show up in the ACP under users but their status is awaiting approval
my user is super admin and super mod but the approval queue is always empty
even with the user group that requires approval to post.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Please go to admin.php?permissions/analyze and check the rights for that user who would like to see the content of the approval queue.

Please check as well the following settings:

1620973186500.png

You might also please confirm what kind of settings you got here:

1620973218500.png

If it is the same as on my screenshot, then the user need to confirm the email first, before they run into the approval queue.

Hope that this will solve your problem.

shluk

Registered

permissions.png

I cant edit those for some reason

and here is the registration setup :
user registration.png

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

View attachment 21797

I cant edit those for some reason
shlukSo that is the reason that you do not see the approval queue for new registrations.
You need to set the permission as mentioned before, for that please go to that user, or the group where the user is located and set the permission of it:

For a specific user go to "Groups & permissions" -> "User permissions" and change that permission from NO to YES:

If it is a user group go to specific group under "Groups & permissions" -> "User group permissions" and change that permission from NO to YES:

1620975365600.png

shluk

Registered

So that is the reason that you do not see the approval queue for new registrations.
You need to set the permission as mentioned before, for that please go to that user, or the group where the user is located and set the permission of it:

For a specific user go to "Groups & permissions" -> "User permissions" and change that permission from NO to YES:

If it is a user group go to specific group under "Groups & permissions" -> "User group permissions" and change that permission from NO to YES:

View attachment 21799
BattleKingthank you so much, the approval queue works now

Status
Not open for further replies.