Block downloads and put note for user until message is replied to

rigarus99

Registered

Im looking for an smart way to block someones account or just the download function until he is replying my message on the forum.
In this case it is about a user who ignores my messages but continues downloading.
He was paying via paypal but he paid for premium before i approve his account.
So i need to manually put him to the premium usergroup. It was not going automatically because of the payment before the approval.

I approved him round about 5 hours after his registration but in this time where he was waiting he was open a refund case on paypal because he maybe was scared of a scam or something idk...

Now he is not replying on paypal and not replying on my messages on the forum. But he starts downloading today.

I would like to block his download function and let him see a special note / message on top like when i bann someone the "Your account was banned because of....." note.

Just wanna blocking the downloads for him and let him see the note and not bann or block the whole account.
Maybe with a seperate usergroup and special permissions ?
I think a smart way would be a seperate usergroup with special permissions but how can i let him see a special note ?

Last edited:

rigarus99

Registered

i could set his account to "awaiting approval" again but how can i let him see a special notice on top like "REPLY TO MESSAGE TO GET YOUR ACCOUNT BACK" or something like that.

Im not that bad guy so i dont wanna bann him directly. He starts downloading just today.
I want to give him a chance to explain himself and face the matter.

When he downloads more and more and continue over days then i need to bann him.. Thats clear !
But for now i would like to give him a chance.

dddd

Registered

maybe you could use this plugin Force Users to Read Threads and set the permission only for that user.
create a thread that is only visible to that user

dddd

Registered

or instead of granting the permissions to the user, you could create a new usergroup for Bad users and set the permissions there, then just add users to it when you need

rigarus99

Registered

or instead of granting the permissions to the user, you could create a new usergroup for Bad users and set the permissions there, then just add users to it when you need
ddddYea that's what i made now. Thanks !

i have set a new usergroup and set special permissions.
No more downloads and not able to see or use any stuff including see threads and nodes instead of one special thread specially for this case with an extra warning text.

Little bit of work but the next time something happens like this it will go very quick :)
Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate that !