Connect with social media

Mordac

Registered

I'm using the Omni theme but very extensively customized. But only the colors customized and of course my own content in the footer blocks.

On the PC it works perfectly. On the phone, the "connect with us on social media" doesn't appear. Whether I put it in the header, footer or breadcrumbs or any combination or all of them.

Anyone have any idea why this would be?

Alternatively, anyone know if a widget exists in which I can put it in the sidebar? I presume there isn't as it's supposed to be integrated automatically but never know.

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Does other sidebar show up in your website?

Mordac

Registered

Does other sidebar show up in your website?
Soft4WinYes. Both the phone and PC. It works perfectly on the PC and the "connect with on social media" isn't in the sidebar. It's in the header and footer and breadcrumbs or any combination of those. Everything else in the footer works fine on both phone and PC. There are 4 blocks in the footer. No matter which block I put the "connect with us" social media icons in, they don't appear.

In the header on the phone and PC is a little different but social media icons don't appear there either.

View previous replies…

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Yes. Both the phone and PC. It works perfectly on the PC and the "connect with on social media" isn't in the sidebar. It's in the header and footer and breadcrumbs or any combination of those. Everything else in the footer works fine on both phone and PC. There are 4 blocks in the footer. No matter which block I put the "connect with us" social media icons in, they don't appear.

In the header on the phone and PC is a little different but social media icons don't appear there either.
MordacIf you can provide url to your site, then it will be easier to see it and suggest the changes. It must have been display: none property of css being applied, based on media queries for mobile devices.

Mordac

Registered

If you can provide url to your site, then it will be easier to see it and suggest the changes. It must have been display: none property of css being applied, based on media queries for mobile devices.
Soft4WinThis is the URL: https://sgiforum.com/
I actually made some progress. I got them to show in the bar which contains "Contract Us", "Privacy Policy" and etc. It's better but still not in the footer or header.

Where can I find (and change) the property, display: none ?

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

This is the URL: https://sgiforum.com/
I actually made some progress. I got them to show in the bar which contains "Contract Us", "Privacy Policy" and etc. It's better but still not in the footer or header.

Where can I find (and change) the property, display: none ?
Mordacit is all in there

1642073957900.png

did I missed something ?

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

The thing is that, it's still in the widget sections in your forum, however for mobile devices, XenForo is switching to native sharing options of device, so that's why they have kept one single Share button, which then opens the native sharing options of the device.

1642076132480.jpg

If you want to make sure that, it shows in mobile the way it shows up in the desktop then do the following stuffs:

Add the below code in extra.less template:

CSS:
/* It will show the hidden share buttons */
.shareButtons-button.is-hidden {
    display: block !important;
}

/* It will hide the mobile share button */
.shareButtons-button.shareButtons-button--share {
   display: none !important;
}

/* This is used to show the title which is hidden (Note this might affect things at other places aswell, as this is kind of global selector) */
h3.block-minorHeader {
}

Last edited:

Mordac

Registered

The thing is that, it's still in the widget sections in your forum, however for mobile devices, XenForo is switching to native sharing options of device, so that's why they have kept one single Share button, which then opens the native sharing options of the device.

View attachment 27402

If you want to make sure that, it shows in mobile the way it shows up in the desktop then do the following stuffs:

CSS:
}

}

/* This is used to show the title which is hidden (Note this might affect things at other places aswell, as this is kind of global selector) */
h3.block-minorHeader {
}
Soft4WinOn the PC it's working perfectly. On the phone "share" is also working but on the phone, "Connect with us" social media icons don't appear.

Mordac

Registered

View attachment 27402

CSS:
}

}

h3.block-minorHeader {
}
Soft4WinSee the bottom. Social media icons not showing.

Attachments

• chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 105
  • firefox.jpg
    firefox.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 86