Released 2x Different board title in index

MitchellHax

Registered

I've seen some threads familiar like this thread is going to be but can't find any solutions at all.
So let's say my board title is IPB Board but I want the index to have a more SEO friendly title like IPB Board Downloads & Tutorials.
If I change my board title it will also change all other places like when posting a thread you'll see Post thread | IPB Board Downloads & Tutorials but I want there just to have the short version.

Basically I only want my index title to have a longer title.
I saw someone saying the PAGE_CONTAINER template can be modified but if I change the board title there it will change on everypage and not just the index.
Hope you guys understand me as this is a pain to explain. I'm really curious why no one has a solution for this yet.

spreaden

Registered

You can use conditional statement on the title code on PAGE_CONTAINER.

Find:
Code:
<title><xf:title formatter="%s | %s" fallback="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>

Replace:
Code:
<xf:if is="$template == 'forum_list'">
<title>WRITE YOUR TITLE THAT YOU WANT TO SHOW ONLY ON HOME PAGE</title>
<xf:else />
<title><xf:title formatter="%s | %s" fallback="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>
</xf:if>

MitchellHax

Registered

You can use conditional statement on the title code on PAGE_CONTAINER.

Find:
Code:

Replace:
Code:
<xf:if is="$template == 'forum_list'">
<title>WRITE YOUR TITLE THAT YOU WANT TO SHOW ONLY ON HOME PAGE</title>
<xf:else />
</xf:if>
spreadenWorks perfect, thanks!