Error when posting or deleting.

ItsAsylum

Registered

I'm getting this everytime I try to post or delete, or pretty much do anything. Any idea why? Despite this popping up whatever we are trying to post still gets posted.

Screenshot_20211225-140634_Chrome.jpg

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Precautions we take to avoid MySQL table crash
Database repairs can often create additional problems. That’s why always take proactive measures to prevent data loss. These steps include:

1. Always take a backup of the customer database.
  2. Check the free space on the server and the size of the database prior to the actual repair. For example, we refrain from repairing a large database on a shared hosting server with disk space shortage.
“MySQL table has marked as crashed and should be repaired”.
To repair through mysql command-line utility using “repair table my_crashed_table;“.

mysql> use my_database;
mysql> repair table my_crashed_table;
Finally, we check the status of the table once again using the mysql check command:

mysql> check table xxx_xxx_update;
+--------------------------------+-------+----------+----------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| xxx.xxx_update | check | status | OK |

The same can be done via phpmyadmin

ItsAsylum

Registered

Precautions we take to avoid MySQL table crash
Database repairs can often create additional problems. That’s why always take proactive measures to prevent data loss. These steps include:

1. Always take a backup of the customer database.
  2. Check the free space on the server and the size of the database prior to the actual repair. For example, we refrain from repairing a large database on a shared hosting server with disk space shortage.
“MySQL table has marked as crashed and should be repaired”.
To repair through mysql command-line utility using “repair table my_crashed_table;“.

mysql> use my_database;
mysql> repair table my_crashed_table;
Finally, we check the status of the table once again using the mysql check command:

mysql> check table xxx_xxx_update;
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| xxx.xxx_update | check | status | OK |

The same can be done via phpmyadmin
BattleKingWait i can try and fix my database through the admin cp?

I could have swore that wasn't a thing.

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

It's pretty common in xenforo to have the search_index getting crashed. So firstly you can try repairing it from PHPMyAdmin like @BattleKing had mentioned.

If that doesn't work than, try either of these two things, if 1st doesn't work then try the second one.

1. Rebuild Search Index from admin panel : http://yourwebsite.com/admin.php?tools/rebuild

2. If Step 1 doesn't help, than go to PHPMyAdmin and truncate the data of xf_search_index. Once all the data is deleted, rebuild the search index, as mentioned in step 1.

ItsAsylum

Registered

It's pretty common in xenforo to have the search_index getting crashed. So firstly you can try repairing it from PHPMyAdmin like @BattleKing had mentioned.

If that doesn't work than, try either of these two things, if 1st doesn't work then try the second one.

1. Rebuild Search Index from admin panel : http://yourwebsite.com/admin.php?tools/rebuild

2. If Step 1 doesn't help, than go to PHPMyAdmin and truncate the data of xf_search_index. Once all the data is deleted, rebuild the search index, as mentioned in step 1.
Soft4WinThat fixed it! Thank you. I did have to delete the data for it to be able to properly rebuild.