help with this error: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: upgrade-check.json

one_finger_man

Registered

its on xenforo new update i be leave its only doing it with 2.2.8 2.2.7 working fine its on xenforo website check there

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

its on xenforo new update i be leave its only doing it with 2.2.8 2.2.7 working fine its on xenforo website check there
one_finger_manYes that is because of an additional check at the beginning of the check function, see that code of 2.2.7

PHP:
        if (!$this->apiKey)
        {
            return null;
        }

but in general not the api key is the reason for that error it is more the XF_API_URL, i guess this is empty as well in XF.php if this would be filled you will get a different error if apiKey is missing.

one_finger_man

Registered

Yes that is because of an additional check at the beginning of the check function, see that code of 2.2.7

PHP:
        if (!$this->apiKey)
        {
            return null;
        }

but in general not the api key is the reason for that error it is more the XF_API_URL, i guess this is empty as well in XF.php if this would be filled you will get a different error if apiKey is missing.
BattleKingmy copy is working fine ill waite and see if the update will fix that issue in 2.2.8 version

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

my copy is working fine ill waite and see if the update will fix that issue in 2.2.8 version
one_finger_manIf it is working for you, then check your XF.php file, I guess both variables are filled out.#

api url
api key

valid

+Lifetime VIP+
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Registered

Just for your information. I got the following error right after I've installed the latest Xenforo (2.2.9) in a new server.

2022-06-07_12-16-13.jpg