HIDE SERVER IP

Mystic

Registered

People try really hard to find the server ip
I am using cloudflare +image proxy so the proxy images and links are safe and also an external email provider so it doesnt reveal server ip
Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do?
I thought about reverse proxy on server level using litespeed for that i would need another server

Thanos Crax

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

A better option is to reroute traffic from another dummy server whose IP is set on CF that sends requests to your server.
Haproxy will do that for you. In case the IP gets leaked they will have the dummy IP.

Mystic

Registered

A better option is to reroute traffic from another dummy server whose IP is set on CF that sends requests to your server.
Haproxy will do that for you. In case the IP gets leaked they will have the dummy IP.
Thanos Craxhow do i setup reverse proxy using haproxy? on whm/cpanel

jim

Registered

@Mystic Yes, using a reverse proxy is a good idea to hide your server IP. You can use a web server such as Nginx or Apache to set up the reverse proxy, or as you mentioned, Litespeed. You'll need another server to host the reverse proxy, which will act as an intermediary between your main server and the clients requesting your website. This way, the clients will see the IP of the reverse proxy server, not your main server's IP. Additionally, consider implementing SSL encryption for secure communication and enhance your website's security measures with firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and regular backups.

boo

Registered

People try really hard to find the server ip
I am using cloudflare +image proxy so the proxy images and links are safe and also an external email provider so it doesnt reveal server ip
Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do?
I thought about reverse proxy on server level using litespeed for that i would need another server
MysticSeems you have done well with that setup. The last thing I would do is to only allow cloudflares IP range to your server using ufw firewall.

Mystic

Registered

Seems you have done well with that setup. The last thing I would do is to only allow cloudflares IP range to your server using ufw firewall.
booyes that is already done through firewalld, only cloudflare subnets are allowed to the server

I also have a reverse proxy server in the middle