how can i connect attachments to other host

shivan

Registered

is there any way to connect xenforo to other host?
my users upload many files every day and my host volume is limit to 10 gigabyte

is there a way to i connect attachments to another host?

there was a add on named Attachment Store 2.1.1 / but it isn't work for new version of xenforo

i think that i must use codes for config.php but i dont know how

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

If you have a problem, you will have to remove the load from your server and ask the users to load the files on other servers, such as mediafire mega, among others, that has been my solution, I do not recommend loading a file where the xenforo installation is, but if they are a heavy file

shivan

Registered

If you have a problem, you will have to remove the load from your server and ask the users to load the files on other servers, such as mediafire mega, among others, that has been my solution, I do not recommend loading a file where the xenforo installation is, but if they are a heavy file
sucre13i have a question , upload files causes to increase database size? or files dosent relate to mysql database? for example if i upload a 100 megabyte file ، it increase database for 100?

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

not with the database, but if with the load of the server where you are hosted, the problem is that when you want to move from one server to another, it will be more difficult and it will take more time for all the files located only on the server where xenforo is installed, that's why I tell you That better limit the file uploads and tell your user to upload it to a external server like mega or mediafire while more load more problem for your server