How can I edit who can join my discord server?

Daimo

Registered

Is there anything similar for xenforo as there is brilliant discord for IPB?

Brilliant discord has a feature called magic invites which allows you to select which user groups can join your server.

Or is there a possibility to automatically connect discord account when you press "click here to join our discord server" on a default 8wr discord page so that way at least I could restrict people that haven't connected accounts from joining.

Last edited:

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Is there anything similar for xenforo as there is brilliant discord for IPB?

Brilliant discord has a feature called magic invites which allows you to select which user groups can join your server.

Or is there a possibility to automatically connect discord account when you press "click here to join our discord server" on a default 8wr discord page so that way at least I could restrict people that haven't connected accounts from joining.
Daimo
"automatically connect discord account when you press "click here to join our discord server"—don't believe it would be possible whatsoever since as soon as you click that button, you open the Discord invite.

Depending on what permissions Jaxel has added to 8WR Discord Integration, you might be able to hide the widget for a specific user group in your forums if that would be something you are looking for.

Daimo

Registered

Thank you for your reply cmd,

I found a decent solution. I just added a "grant temporary membership" invite to a custom discord widget.

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

No worries!

Yup, that would work as a possible alternate solution for sure.