How to offload xenforo attachment to another server?

Cumminator

Registered

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing great! I have few questions regarding remote attachment storage in xenforo. I'm thinking to offload the attachment to another server. Do you have any idea how to do that, I mean how can I set the another server as a CDN.

I want to host my existing attachment to a different server and want to make the site offload new attachment to the new server when user upload file on the site.

Its little complicated for me but I will figure it out if you just tell me where to start and what to use on (another) server to make it ready for the job!

Flesh031

Registered

Cumminator

Registered

View previous replies…

Flesh031

Registered

I found this add-on a little bit ago before writing this post. I was/is bit confused how to setup a external server with ftp. I want to use a cheap storage vps (reason: unmetered bandwidth) for this...
CumminatorI don't use it but to my knowledge it is the only one that can do the job
maybe someone else can give you an answer

Cumminator

Registered

I don't use it but to my knowledge it is the only one that can do the job
maybe someone else can give you an answer
Flesh031Setting up the storage server will be biggest challenge for me so far. I hope someone knowledgeable in the server side can brighten this thread up with some guidance! Anyways thanks for the help and response man, much appreciated it.

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Man I can buy some cheap storage with unlimited bandwidth. So I'm looking not to use amazon
CumminatorS3 compatible does NOT mean amazon... it means you can use the protocol. Which is a far superior protocol than FTP or SFTP
Minio is an S3 copmpatible server meaning the storage filesystem it uses is S3 Filesystem to manage file transfers and permissions