How to set up a private VIP section?

Ally0Tti

Registered

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create a VIP section but with the content blocked for all the people who are not VIP member on my forum, do you know how to do it or is there something to make sure that we don't see things like on the picture that I put you?

Capture.jpg

lazarote

web enthusiastic
Collaborate
Registered

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create a VIP section but with the content blocked for all the people who are not VIP member on my forum, do you know how to do it or is there something to make sure that we don't see things like on the picture that I put you?

View attachment 24996
Ally0Ttiwith the forum permission system

https://yourforum.com/admin.php?permissions/nodes/

1627834938393.png

Put the forum in private and that only administrators and VIP Users can access

1627834992612.png

Select the user group (in this case VIP and Administrator) and the Permission: View Node

1627835030807.png

Ally0Tti

Registered

Ally0Tti

Registered

I did as you said, I tried with my second account which is just a member, but it takes away the section, I'm not for example the name of the section and just below (you have to be a vip to see the content) I think we need to do something else to ensure that members can see the message

lazarote

web enthusiastic
Collaborate
Registered

I only know one approach to this situation, you can create a fake section that pretends to be the VIP section and has a message from the administrator. That fake VIP forum can only be seen by users who are not Administrator or VIP, what you have to do is set this permission. The node can NOT be private. Before hiding it remember to write a message inside

1627838277637.png

Ally0Tti

Registered

I only know one approach to this situation, you can create a fake section that pretends to be the VIP section and has a message from the administrator. That fake VIP forum can only be seen by users who are not Administrator or VIP, what you have to do is set this permission. The node can NOT be private. Before hiding it remember to write a message inside

View attachment 25003
lazaroteI put ( No ) for everyone except the VIP and admin group is it ?