I found a bug in the forum

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

If you look at the right side of the notifications, notifications appear for a moment and then they disappear when you browse someone else has noticed it in my forum, I have that seems to be happening here after updating to xenforo 2.2

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

If you look at the right side of the notifications, notifications appear for a moment and then they disappear when you browse someone else has noticed it in my forum, I have that seems to be happening here after updating to xenforo 2.2
sucre13Ok bro, I will check it

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

If you find a solution please let me know why the same thing has happened to me since I updated to xenforo 2.2 I have time with that failure I do not know if it will be a complement or what

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

but they are ghost notifications only happens when you load the page at times

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Yup, if I can fix it, I'll post it here

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Yaa it shows to me aswell in enxf, they show and disappear. I think its because of cache, so i recommend clearing the cache of website through cloudflare which may fix the issue.

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Yaa it shows to me aswell in enxf, they show and disappear. I think its because of cache, so i recommend clearing the cache of website through cloudflare which may fix the issue.
Soft4WinThat is not a cache problem. I have that same bug in my forum. I have also tried to find a way to solve that and I have not found a solution to that problem.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Same for me, here a screenshot. The number appear if I reload the page, before reloading it was in the same state as after page load completed, none has been shown.

1620979235200.png

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

I see, so i noticed this, i went into alerts and opened it and saw that it have some unread alerts. Than i marked all alerts as read and that solved the issue for me, no more those alert numbers showing up and going.

So with this i think, this is what happening, when the forum is opened, it checks for the unread alerts and shows them over there. Than through JavaScript xenforo checks if the alert button is opened after those alerts, than if it was opened, than through JavaScript it's removing the old unread alert notification.

As of now the solution seems to be marking all notifications as read.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

That's it, but now you need to find in many pages which one has not been clicked ;)
So it will be just a short hint, that you have not recognized or opened some of the alerts :ROFLMAO:

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

That's it, but now you need to find in many pages which one has not been clicked ;)
So it will be just a short hint, that you have not recognized or opened some of the alerts :ROFLMAO:
BattleKingNo actually there is a button (Mark) which will mark all alerts as read for you.

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

This might also get fixed with rebuilding caches in admincp. I don't have this issue, so I can't test it on my end. But those having issue, can test it by rebuilding caches of users and other caches.

admin.php?tools/rebuild

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I got it here on the board, there are now two notifications left, which I could not be found anymore, so we might have something to test, if @ENXF NET do the cache rebuild!

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Well, I have bad news for you, that solution is temporary. Everything you have said I have done since I have rebuilt the cache in my forum and the problem still appears over time

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Yeah, here in enxf once i mark all the alerts as read, if i get the new alerts, than the issue appears again.