I have error 404 and some "Oops!" errors.

grous

Registered

When clicking main forum etc. i getting error 404. I also have "Oops!..." error when trying to post new thread.

SNap!

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

When clicking main forum etc. i getting error 404. I also have "Oops!..." error when trying to post new thread.
grouslook on error log in admincp

grous

Registered

View previous replies…

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Site url? Wanna check the console
jimCheck mod_security as well, but look in the logs in ACP and in the browser console if there are any errors. Would be also good to check the webserver logs

grous

Registered

Check mod_security as well, but look in the logs in ACP and in the browser console if there are any errors. Would be also good to check the webserver logs
BattleKingI dont have ModSecurity or idk what is it. I am in school with only phone so i cant check console.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I checked the error logs and i saw lot of permission denied errors.
grousSetting directory permissions
Depending on your PHP configuration, you may need to manually make certain directories writable. If this is needed, a message will be displayed when starting the installation.
If you receive this message, open your FTP client and navigate to your XenForo root directory (the directory your created earlier). You should see the data and internal_data directories. You will need to change permissions on these two directories.
In Linux, these should be "chmod 0777". You can generally do this via your FTP client by making sure that the directory has read, write, and execute permissions for user, group and world. In Windows/IIS, you need to grant the "Full Control" permission to the IUSR_ account.
Once complete, refresh the installer. If changed correctly, the error message regarding directories not being writable should disappear.

UNKNOWN PH

RUSH ARMY
Registered

grousthis is mod security
goto file manager in the root of your website
public_html

edit htaccess.txt to .htaaccess

or check php version

grous

Registered

one_finger_man

Registered

you also might want to put this add-on in your forums it will help with some issues Custom 404 Page 1.1.7 its an add-on i use it works like a charm