I want to move to VPS

PucySlayer

Registered

I want to move to VPS.. my xenforo 2.2.2 forum is now having 250+ thread posts and 1500+post/messages with daily 2000-3000 unique visitors.

My shared hosting plan at namecheap can not hold it well anymore which is called "stellar" with 1gb ram. I talked to namecheap support they told me to upgrade to their VPS, which looks costly as per the specs being unmanaged vps.

I have checked vultr & ramnode and their $5/6 plan looks too good for me. Which comes with 1gb ram and 1 core high frequency vcpu.

Is it enough to handle 3000+ daily unique visitors? And peak concurrent/online 60-70 users. My xenforo forum is image heavy.

Extra info..
I want to go with either openlitepseed/cyberpanel or nginx/centminmod (but centmin looks too hard so cyberpanel is my first priority). Currently namecheap shared hosting uses apache/cpanel.

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Last edited:

PucySlayer

Registered

View previous replies…

olalavui

Family is the only thing that exists
Registered

If only have 1 (One) domain, you can try with CyberPanel + LiteSpeed Enterprise (many vps provided you want - DigitalOcean/Vultr/Linode/Ramnode/Stablehost/Hawkhost ...)
Or Plesk Free Licensed 3 domain via DigitalOcean

P/s: remove Hostinger on thing - my exp

PucySlayer

Registered

If only have 1 (One) domain, you can try with CyberPanel + LiteSpeed Enterprise (many vps provided you want - DigitalOcean/Vultr/Linode/Ramnode/Stablehost/Hawkhost ...)
Or Plesk Free Licensed 3 domain via DigitalOcean

P/s: remove Hostinger on thing - my exp
olalavuiMy question was is 1gb ram vultr high frequency vps enough for xenforo website with 3000-5000 daily unique visitors?

View previous replies…

libyjuli

Registered

Ramnode is your buddy: good support and their VPS options are strong

PucySlayer

Registered

Ramnode is your buddy: good support and their VPS options are strong
libyjuliIs the KVM standard vps 2gb 2core is good option? My website is getting near 10k daily visits now. It's simple xenforo website with 4k members and 300posts and 1500messages. I will use cyberpanel openlitepseed.. is this sufficient. Please enlighten me with the knowledge.. 🙂

View previous replies…