If you are thinking to install a new XF site, just wait for v. 2.2.

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

If you buy now, you can download the complete version xf2.1.10 patch 2 and xf2.2 beta, scheduled for late December for complete version xf2.2.

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@billybobz well, in my case SIROPU chat also is failing..., and for many admins is quite important...

billybobz

Registered

@zeus1971 Oh the fallacies. ;) Regardless of any addon's significance, it still does not justify the blanket assumption made by so many. Just because a small handful do not work in XF2.2, does not justify saying all or most 2.1 addons do not work. My only point here and in the other thread is that assumptions are bad...test and verify individually. :)
fallacy.jpg

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@billybobz totally agree. But in my opinion, if you have to spent some times to config/setup your NEW site, better waiting 1 month (more or less), and not to wait for some author that have to update the addon that is not working with 2.2. And if this 2.1 addon is in production, and you have to disable it, users genarally are not "happy".
You can point that , you can wait to upgrade to 2.2 , waiting to have ALL addons working with 2.2, but 2.2 in my opinion is another world, overall if integrated with media gallery, and admins (me :D) want it NOW.
But well.., at the end, I insist, it was just an hint for new people that want to start. ;)

PeruxD

BananaForum.xyz
Registered

If you need hosting, you can try two free months at sered.net with the coupon

DCSERED

Coupon apply all plans

eye is for files not nulled, as you think buying a license is acceptable

th3Liam

Registered

How about installing XF 2.1 and upgrade to 2.2 when it comes out?

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

take eveything backup before upgrading . there is no way to downgrade version .=

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

As DareDevil said, do a backup before upgrade. And my point is always the same. It's not a "problem" upgrade, the point is spend time for NEW installations , to check and configure addon in a 2.1 version, that "maybe" doesn't work in 2.2. or already present with different features in standard 2.2 version.

Yoel Rodriguez

Registered

A question for xenforo programmers do not think to make the complement of was in xenforo one that is for relationships that was called advance post or something like that, and that of fixing the profile message?