Limit views to new users

foroxxx

Registered

Hello, I have a forum where content is uploaded and lately I have noticed that many users act as "content hunters": They register (because otherwise they cannot see the content of the posts), they download and do not come back, at least in the next few days.

Therefore, I want to try to eradicate this type of user, and I am looking for a way that a user who has not completed X days since registering (let's say 1 week), can only view/download a maximum of 2 posts per day. This is just one possible solution that I can think of, if there is any other way to do something similar I would like to know it too.

I'm looking but I can't find what I need. On the other hand, I have seen something similar for guests: an addon that only allows X clicks/views on the forum each day.

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Do you upload content through Resource Manager?

foroxxx

Registered

No, I don't.

I upload content by a link and I hide it with an addon.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

No, I don't.

I upload content by a link and I hide it with an addon.
foroxxxI guess you can do this only via different user groups, so if the requirement is filled promote them into the next group otherwise stay in the limited group

foroxxx

Registered

I guess you can do this only via different user groups, so if the requirement is filled promote them into the next group otherwise stay in the limited group
BattleKingI'm trying to do it with user groups, but besides spending hours fighting with the promotion settings (I'll be clumsy), I find the problem that by this way there is no way to limit the views of topics.