MySQL max_user_connections

GrassBoy

Registered

Hi guys,

I just moved to a new hosting provider and after couple of days I got the following error:
  • XF\Db\Exception: User 'X/Y' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 15)
  • src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:165

They are saying that they cannot increase that value. However before I moved I didn't get such errors.
Now, because I do not understand the MySQL manual I would like to ask from you the following questions, and explanations (please do the best you can):

1. Can my forum go offline if this limit is exceeded?
  2. What exactly is this limit?
  3. Can people still visit, post, message each other, login, register after this limit is exceed?

Thank you.

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

consider buying a vps so you have your own server and no limitation to me the same thing happened to me and my solution was to move to a dedicated server if you need help just let me know to help you with the move and set up a free panel

GrassBoy

Registered

Yes i know. I am already considering this. But really I do not know how this limit exceeded because my forum is very very new, with 15 reg members and today was the highest peak of guests (because of fb ads) of 25-30 people at the forum at the same time.
So I am really confused.

However, I would really like to know the answer to all the questions above, so I can understand what is this and how it is working

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

that is due to the robots that visit you that also influences the visit limit

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

you have to learn to block the robots as spam among bulls the robots that you must not block are the robost content search engines like google yahoo microsof est

GrassBoy

Registered

@sucre13 Thank you. But still my questions from above stay.
However, what's the value that is good? 15 is not, bu is it 20, 25?

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

@GrassBoy understands something 25 person on the internet there are thousands of robots that visit you daily what happens is that you don't realize hehehe that's why you always have to protect the forums from that robot the robots consume hosting resource that's why you got to the limit my question is how much capacity is your hosting can give me the characteristics

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

@GrassBoy this time u to check my.cnf and increase 'max_user_connections' to 300 up save my.cnf and restart mysql server.