Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Welcome on board

Ron88

Registered

Thanks. I have nearly gotten everything working on our site since we changed over to xenforo but am having some problem with finding the Widget for showing member birthdays. I will probably be posting this question in the question Forum later.

Ron

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Thanks. I have nearly gotten everything working on our site since we changed over to xenforo but am having some problem with finding the Widget for showing member birthdays. I will probably be posting this question in the question Forum later.

Ron
Ron88it is just under Appearance Widgets

Blok.png

Ron88

Registered

Thanks,

I had looked there but missed it. Now the really dumb question. I don't want to mess up and so far haven't but what steps do I take to activate the widget and get it to appear on the Forum page with the rest of the things we have on there? Some of them I just activated and they showed up Ok and some add ons were installed by the other administrator who has worked with xenforo for a few years and knows the techs at our host site so he calls them and they help him.

Ron

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Thanks,

I had looked there but missed it. Now the really dumb question. I don't want to mess up and so far haven't but what steps do I take to activate the widget and get it to appear on the Forum page with the rest of the things we have on there? Some of them I just activated and they showed up Ok and some add ons were installed by the other administrator who has worked with xenforo for a few years and knows the techs at our host site so he calls them and they help him.

Ron
Ron88If some do not appear, they might have permission settings, check group permission.
If you add this widget you need to enter a unique name of it, then choose where it should be shown. If you want an extra Display condition, then this can be set at the end.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

If some do not appear, they might have permission settings, check group permission.
If you add this widget you need to enter a unique name of it, then choose where it should be shown. If you want an extra Display condition, then this can be set at the end.
BattleKingIt should not messup things on your page.

Ron88

Registered

OK, I have all of that. One last thing. Do I make up a key for it like I do for smilies or do I have to find an assigned key somewhere for it.

Ron

KennethMoody

Registered

this site is very good with lots of interesting interesting discussions