permissions error

Whatever

No one
Collaborate
Registered

hello. i need help with an error i am getting on browser console while changing some stuff from admin panel.

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

and browser console error

Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
core-compiled.js?_v=ca07f8e1:42 PHP: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access this resource.</p>
</body></html>

UNKNOWN PH

RUSH ARMY
Registered

hello. i need help with an error i am getting on browser console while changing some stuff from admin panel.

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

and browser console error

Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
core-compiled.js?_v=ca07f8e1:42 PHP: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access this resource.</p>
</body></html>
Whateveryou are using namecheap shared hosting?

UNKNOWN PH

RUSH ARMY
Registered

Whatever

No one
Collaborate
Registered

I havent tried that ever. Guess ill try it. Can u pls guide how to check or enable/disable/whitelist that thing?

UNKNOWN PH

RUSH ARMY
Registered

I havent tried that ever. Guess ill try it. Can u pls guide how to check or enable/disable/whitelist that thing?
Whateverthese are the ones you should do

You need to contact your hosting provider. Apparently the HTTP service was down for maintenance or overloaded (as reflected in your image). That will need to be resolved by them.

Check your server error logs. A 503 error is from server side.

This could be due to mod_security.

Contact your host and they should be able to identify the rule and white list it on your site.

other reason

BY BROGAN

Brogan​

xenforo moderator

If it's a 403 Forbidden error then it will likely be due to a server side security mechanism such as ModSecurity, mod_evasive, or similar.
It could even be something like the Wordfence add-on for WordPress.
Contact your host and ask them to whitelist whichever rules are being triggered, or to disable the mechanism.

If it's an HTTP 500 error, this is a generic web server error and your host will need to inspect the server error log (not the XF ACP error log) to determine what is causing it.

Whatever

No one
Collaborate
Registered

well it worked. sorry for the late reply. got another problem with addon now. gonna post.