plaintext confirmation email

Sphregal

Registered

how to disable html email for email confirmation of registration. I want to send only plaintext

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Xenforo sends both HTML and plain text. If the email client doesn't support HTML, then it will automatically display the plain text version of the email.

Sphregal

Registered

certain servers such as yandex.com will disable links and images if the email goes into spam.
registered member can't click on email verification links. I need to send only plain text

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

The only way I'm aware of would do it manually. You could edit the email templates and replace the HTML content with the plain text version. Then you would also have to enable debug mode and do it for each email template.

Any templates edited manually would revert when updating unless you did it as email template mods in the form of an add-on.

Sphregal

Registered

what a mess. besides how do I disable the board from sending emails if there is a reply to thread?

Last edited:

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@Sphregal you could do this to disable it being turned on by default for users:
ACP -> Setup -> Options -> User registration -> Watch content on creation: Yes ACP -> Setup -> Options -> User registration -> Watch content on interaction: Yes

That would automatically make users opt-out from email notification on signup. They have the option, through their account settings, to enable them if they wish though.

Sphregal

Registered

@cmd works great, thank you.
I still have the initial issue to resolve. there should be an easier solution rather than a plugin

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@Sphregal there is definitely an opportunity to write an add on which forces Xenforo to always send as plain text no matter what, since it already does that.

Out of curiosity, why are you interested in using only plain text over HTML + plain text in 2020?

Sphregal

Registered

@cmd I explained earlier
certain servers such as yandex.com will disable links and images if the email goes into spam.
registered member can't click on email verification links. so I need to send only plain text

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@Sphregal then you have a bigger issue to solve. Your letters getting marked as spam. Start by troubleshooting that should be a top priority.

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

@Sphregal Did you know that there is a certain requirement to receive an inbox message

Sphregal

Registered

There may be many reasons why an email may land in spam box.
Such a topic is too long to discuss here.
The main issue here is about a missing feature: the option to choose to send plaintext email or html email.

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

email to spam box check spf txt and blacklit ip.

Sphregal

Registered

I am using a third third party smtp service because I don't want to go through hussle of email spams/blacklist etc
BUT that is not the issue here. The issue is I want to send plaintext emails

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Edit template: user_email_confirmation
to not use html tag