Problem with XPress after upgrade of Xenforo to v2.2.7

antzcode

Registered

We have Xenforo installed and Wordpress installed at the /blog subdirectory.

Today I did an upgrade of Xenforo to 2.2.7 via the Admin CP by clicking the upgrade button.

Immediately the Wordpress site began giving an error:

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

By doing some exit() calls in the php files to track down the source of the error, I have discovered this error:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat, because the name is already in use in /home/[username_redacted]/public_html/src/vendor/paragonie/sodium_compat/src/Compat.php on line 28

I notice there is already an if class_exists then return block at the start of the file:

PHP:
if (class_exists('ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat', false)) {
    return;
}

class ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat
{

Strange, when I have wondered why PHP says the name is already in use but it also cannot see that it is a class, then I have added this code:

PHP:
if (class_exists('ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat', false)) {
    return;
}

var_dump(ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat);
return;
class ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat

... which prints to the screen when I reload the Xenforo forums:

String (23) "ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat"

and when I reload the /blog , Wordpress seems to run ok.

But when I remove the deugging, I get the same error as before: Fatal error: Cannot declare class ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat, because the name is already in use in...

I have disabled the Wordpress cache to see if that was a problem:

PHP:
// in /blog/wp-config.php
define('WP_CACHE', false);

But the same problems exist.

So while I was able to run Wordpress and the Xenforo was printing an error to the screen, I logged in to /blog/wp-admin and deactivated the XPress plugin.

Current status:​

XPress plugin is deactivated on Wordpress so both Wordpress and Xenforo are working, but obviously there is not going to be any active bridge between them.

I am unable to reactivate XPress plugin on Wordpress because it gives this error:

screenshot-christianforums.net-2021.09.23-11_16_00.png

antzcode

Registered

I can't seem to find whether there is a more recent version of XPress plugin for WordPress that may have been upgraded for compatibility with Xenforo v2.2.7. If anyone has a link to that I'd like to try it first. Thanks :)

screenshot-christianforums.net-2021.09.23-11_23_15.png