Proxy Check

xF2 Add-on Proxy Check 1.4.1

No permission to download

CSAdmin

Registered

(y) for the latest version. Works great.

IMG_5260.jpeg

Last edited:

CSAdmin

Registered

For anyone who uses this addon with Sucuri...

I have been testing the addon with Sucuri and noted that the following code needs to be added to config.php to prevent users from being blocked:

if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_SUCURI_CLIENTIP']))
{
$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_SUCURI_CLIENTIP'];
}

Sucuri itself will still be blocked but the XF listener seems to be ahead of the addon listener so users are not blocked if this code is added.

ilona

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

For anyone who uses this addon with Sucuri...

I have been testing the addon with Sucuri and noted that the following code needs to be added to config.php to prevent users from being blocked:

if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_SUCURI_CLIENTIP']))
{
$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_SUCURI_CLIENTIP'];
}

Sucuri itself will still be blocked but the XF listener seems to be ahead of the addon listener so users are not blocked if this code is added.
CSAdminDo u know what to add or what to change in cloudflare panel? Because cf is blocking all users when plugin is enabled

nicktoons

Registered

Hi @BattleKing

I am still having issues with your add-ons

Here a screenshot of the one of the error related to your add-on!
IMG_0374.jpeg

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

View previous replies…

nicktoons

Registered

which options you have enabled?
BattleKingUnfortunately if I enabled your add-on the site doesn’t load and it’s not responding at all unless I disable your add-on

also as well I don’t have the guest option enabled because I ran into other issues related to your add-on!

CSAdmin

Registered

This might be a glitch. If the "check guest" option is enabled, and a member inserts a link to another page on the site in their post, the link is given the name of "SECURITY" due to the URL unfurling. The name "SECURITY" is being pulled from the highlighted code.

1697394987829.png

Update...

Xenforo will not unfurl a link pasted into a post unless the page being linked to is accessible to the public and not just logged in members. That's a known quirk in Xenforo. When the "check guest" option is enabled, the addon must be doing something to make Xenforo think that no pages are accessible to guests for purposes of unfurling even if a VPN is not being used.

Last edited:

ka4p3

Registered

How can I customize/translate block page?

CSAdmin

Registered

The add-on works very well, but it appears that users of Express VPN are not being blocked. Is there any way to plug that hole? TIA.

CSAdmin

Registered

Since there are options for admin bypass and for moderator bypass, it would be nice to have add an option for "registered user" bypass. That way we could allow members to use a VPN but still block guests (which are the largest source of bots, spam, etc.).