XF 2 Tip Rebuild master data

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

It is not commonly required to rebuild master data to solve issues. Most of the time, you can troubleshoot the problem and find a fix without having to rebuild or reinstall anything.
But maybe you have reached a dead-end? Perhaps you don't know what to do anymore, and you want to rebuild the master data of your forums. Let me teach you some first about the master data in XenForo.

(FAQ) Frequently asked question
What does the master data contain?
As of XenForo 2, the master data contains the master templates and phrases. In XenForo 1, permissions were also included, meaning it would rebuild, templates, phrases, and permissions. I can't confirm that permissions are included in XenForo 2 master data restore.

Will rebuilding master data damage anything?
No, it will not damage anything. If you've corrupted your XenForo install badly somehow, then the chance might exist, but I've never seen it harm a single installation.

Before you begin
Make sure you have the /install/ folder in the XenForo install directory where your forums are. If you don't have it there, then you've deleted it in the past, but don't worry! Download the upgrade release, then all you need to do is upload the /install/ folder from that package to your XenForo install directory. You might need additional files, but you will encounter an alert in such a case.

How do I do it?
1) Visit yourdomain.com/install
1.1)
If prompted to log in, use the account details of the forum administrator account, the one made during the first setup.
2) Press the blue button saying: Rebuild master data
3)
Wait while it is rebuilding the master data.
4) If completed successfully, you will see "Upgrade complete."
4.1) Once completed, make sure to do a file health check!

Are you running into any issues? Feel free to ask, and I will try to help you to my best extent.

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Reserved for updates