Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

ENXF NET submitted a new resource:

Reduce FontAwesome icon font file size - Reduce your XenForo page load size by 350kB by only serving used icons

The default XenForo 2.1 theme includes the FontAwesome Pro icon collection. The icons are downloaded with the page as three separate .woff or .woff2 font files which include all 7,800+ FontAwesome icons, even though the XenForo theme uses only ~262 of these icons. This means that new visitors to your site download over 385kB of data, most of which is never used.

@arn and myself have identified the glyphs used in the default XenForo 2.1 theme and created...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: kYo

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

ENXF NET updated Reduce FontAwesome icon font file size with a new update entry:

Instructions modified to create separate font files, additional template edits added

The instructions have been updated to suggest users create their own separate -reduced versions of the font awesome files, instead of replacing the original files on the server. Although this requires just a bit more work in editing templates, it has the advantage of forcing all users to download the new, smaller files, and will not trigger XenForo's file health warnings. Leaving the original files in place will also make it easier to undo your changes if you wish to start using the full...

Read the rest of this update entry...