Sort posts by view as default option for nodes?

jommytonny888

Registered

What mod or code can add sort threads by view in forum? I have this only.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-25 122423.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-25 122423.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 73

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

What mod or code can add sort threads by view in forum? I have this only.
jommytonny888How does the filter look like if you are in a forum overview, do you see views there?
Because as default option I do not see views too

jommytonny888

Registered

How does the filter look like if you are in a forum overview, do you see views there?
Because as default option I do not see views too
BattleKingYes in forum there is views filter ascending/descending...But in node options not...

View previous replies…

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Yes in forum there is views filter ascending/descending...But in node options not...
jommytonny888This seems to be explicitly removed by XenForo inside the code in two locations. All of them are protected functions.
PHP:
                'sortOptions' => $forumType->getThreadListSortOptions($forum, true),
PHP:
            $sortOrders = $this->TypeHandler->getThreadListSortOptions($this, true);
            if (!isset($sortOrders[$this->default_sort_order]))
the true is the option, where these two sort options will be removed, this is a public function and could be modified:
PHP:
        if ($forAdminConfig)
        {
            unset($options['view_count'], $options['first_post_reaction_score']);
        }
Anyway it looks like that the sorting function for views do not work as expected, maybe that the reason that they removed it from the admin section.

jommytonny888

Registered

This seems to be explicitly removed by XenForo inside the code in two locations. All of them are protected functions.
PHP:
                'sortOptions' => $forumType->getThreadListSortOptions($forum, true),
PHP:
            $sortOrders = $this->TypeHandler->getThreadListSortOptions($this, true);
            if (!isset($sortOrders[$this->default_sort_order]))
the true is the option, where these two sort options will be removed, this is a public function and could be modified:
PHP:
        if ($forAdminConfig)
        {
            unset($options['view_count'], $options['first_post_reaction_score']);
        }
Anyway it looks like that the sorting function for views do not work as expected, maybe that the reason that they removed it from the admin section.
BattleKingDoes it work for you correctly? You mentioned you have it