Trying to use nulled add-on with licensed xf

pattycake

Registered

I am trying to use a nulled version of Media Gallery on a legit licensed XF. After installing the nulled Media Gallery, I get a message in the ACP that I am not authorized to use Media Gallery. Huge pia to get the nulled Media Gallery off but finally did.

Question, is there a way to keep the legit licensed XF from detecting this or, do I need to install a nulled XF on top of my licensed version?
Is XF doing a "phone home" somewhere?

SNap!

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

I am trying to use a nulled version of Media Gallery on a legit licensed XF. After installing the nulled Media Gallery, I get a message in the ACP that I am not authorized to use Media Gallery. Huge pia to get the nulled Media Gallery off but finally did.

Question, is there a way to keep the legit licensed XF from detecting this or, do I need to install a nulled XF on top of my licensed version?
Is XF doing a "phone home" somewhere?
pattycake
if you use some legit xf they do some update check with your licence on xenforo,com (call home), bad idea use some nulled addons

pattycake

Registered

if you use some legit xf they do some update check with your licence on xenforo,com (call home), bad idea use some nulled addons
SNap!can you show me how to null out that "phone home" ? btw: this Media Gallery is the only nulled version that was detected. I have several others and all are working fine.

SNap!

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

upload\src\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools.php

remove line 413-417

PHP:
            $checker = $this->app->service('XF:Upgrade\Checker');
            $check = $checker->check();
            $failed = $check ? false : true;

return $this->redirect($this->buildLink('tools/upgrade-check', null, ['failed' => $failed]));

upload\src\XF\Job\UpgradeCheck.php

remove line 35-36

PHP:
        $checker = $this->app->service('XF:Upgrade\Checker');
        $checker->check();

upload\src\XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade.php

remove line 263

PHP:
            $redirect = 'index.php?upgrade/options';

why not use lastest here and add your API_URL & LICENSE_KEY ?

pattycake

Registered

Friggin awesome.. thank you

>why not use lastest here and add your API_URL & LICENSE_KEY ?

the latest nulled version? If so, I'm not sure how to install the nulled version on top of my licensed version... ad not lose any add-ons, etc

pattycake

Registered

Got it installed, added a photo with no problems but when I click the media dropdown New Content or New Comments I get:

1674324221044.jpg

I'm not sure if I grabbed the wrong version of Media Gallery but will investigate unless someone has an idea of whats wrong.
Thank you again, and again for your help

SNap!

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

seems some wrong with media gallery

pattycake

Registered

seems some wrong with media gallery
SNap!will remove and see if I can find another perhaps later version.
Yep... old version was buggy. Installed XenForo Media Gallery 2.2.4 and all is fine and working.

Do we need a copy of this 2.2.4 version here? If so, let me know and I'll upload

pattycake

Registered

how to upload a new resource - Media Gallery 2.2.4 ?

attach it here? I'll try - not sure if I did it right but, here is Media Gallery 2.24 - move it to wherever I was supposed to put it. Sorry
and again, thank you for your help. Will show my appreciation in a bit with another donation

Last edited:

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

how to upload a new resource - Media Gallery 2.2.4 ?

attach it here? I'll try - not sure if I did it right but, here is Media Gallery 2.24 - move it to wherever I was supposed to put it. Sorry
and again, thank you for your help. Will show my appreciation in a bit with another donation
pattycake2.2.4 at here Download