using SVG for node icons?

dark_night

Registered

is there an addon or way to use SVG icons as my forum node icons or nothing exists like it? i know you can with font awesome, but wanting to use SVG icons instead and havent been able to find anything about it.

PapaUnstuck

Registered

dark_night

Registered

View previous replies…

PapaUnstuck

Registered

this works pretty well so far. have you used this? trying to figure out how to color the SVG icon once uploaded via CSS, would that be possible?
dark_nightI am sorry, but I don't use this on my forum. I am not sure if I gonna add it in the future. When I read the topic on the forum of XF itself, someone said it isn't possible to do it with css.

You could try it, and add this code to your extra.less
CSS:
.node.node--id<yournodeid> .no-icon i
{
    color: purple;
}

Last edited:

dark_night

Registered

I am sorry, but I don't use this on my forum. I am not sure if I gonna add it in the future. When I read the topic on the forum of XF itself, someone said it isn't possible to do it with css.

You could try it, and add this code to your extra.css
CSS:
.node.node--id<yournodeid> .no-icon i
{
}
PapaUnstuckthe element itself works but yeah doesnt seem to color the icon. addon may be bugged a little, as when i set the "Node background" to the svg icon the icon appears, but if i set it to the "Node icon" then nothing changes and the font awesome icon remains, its a good start though so thank you bro.

PapaUnstuck

Registered

the element itself works but yeah doesnt seem to color the icon. addon may be bugged a little, as when i set the "Node background" to the svg icon the icon appears, but if i set it to the "Node icon" then nothing changes and the font awesome icon remains, its a good start though so thank you bro.
dark_nightMaybe this one in extra.less

CSS:
.node--id<yournodeid>.node--link .node-icon i:before {
    background-image: url('your URL to your SVG');
    background-size: 44px 44px;
    display: inline-block;
    width: 44px;
    height: 44px;
    content:"";
}

You could try it, not sure if this one will work and tweak it yourself a bit.