Which one use, released updated or released full?

Kenpachi

Registered

It's a bit confusing, I currently have version 2.1 but I want to update to the new version 2.2.1 but the two files in these links are the same.
xenforo updated.PNG

Which one should I use? or are they the same?

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Use the upgrade full, make a backup first, disable ALL addons, run the update, then update addons one at a time... dont re-enable old addons. As you upgrade them they will enable themselves. make backups along this process. depending on the numbver of addons you ahve in case something breaks you wont lose a bunch of work.
This advise comes from my trial and errors.

Kenpachi

Registered

@Pr0fesseur Thank you. I have few addons, I learn that from my previous forum, if you wnat to stay online on the internet and always be updated, it is better to use few addons. Shortly over time, the forum system will always have updates and the addons will not be compatible.

ENXF NET

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P.S Member
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

It's a bit confusing, I currently have version 2.1 but I want to update to the new version 2.2.1 but the two files in these links are the same.
View attachment 19093

Which one should I use? or are they the same?
InamsayIf you want to upgrade from xf2.1 to xf2.2.1 you should use the upgrade_full, remember to backup before upgrading