Released 2x XenForo 2.1.7 (Includes Security Fix) and Media Gallery 2.1.7 Released

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

XenForo 2.1.7 is now available for all licensed customers to download. We recommend that all customers running previous versions of XenForo 2.1 upgrade to this release to benefit from increased stability.

Most importantly, this release fixes a security vulnerability in XenForo. Only XenForo 2.1.0 and above are affected.

The issue is a XSS vulnerability. XSS (Cross Site Scripting) issues allow scripts and malicious HTML to be injected into the page, potentially allowing data theft or unauthenticated access.

The vulnerability affects content displayed in the "Approval queue" and requires specially crafted text to be entered into a relevant field for the content type (such as a thread title).

XenForo extends thanks to @rdn for reporting the issue.

We also give an honourable mention to @TickTackk who reported a "self XSS" issue to us related to the Froala rich-text editor that we use. While we do not consider this to be a security issue, we have fixed it and appreciate the time taken to report it.

While we recommend doing a full upgrade to resolve this issue, you can also patch the issue yourself with a simple template edit.

The template in question is approval_queue_macros.

To patch your existing installation, please follow these steps:
  1. Download the patched template which is in a file named 217patch.html (attached to the bottom of this post).
  2. Log in to your Admin control panel, expand the Appearance navigation and click the "Templates" link.
  3. In the "Filter" field at the top of the list, type approval_queue_macros and open the template.
  4. Open the 217patch.html file and copy the entire contents of this and paste it into the approval_queue_macros template, overwriting the existing content.
  5. Click "Save and exit".
  6. Repeat the steps above for all of your installed styles.
For instructions on how to resolve the issue by upgrading, and to see what else has changed in XenForo 2.1.7, please read on.

Download XenForo 2.1.7
or
Upgrade directly from within your control panel

Some of the changes in XF 2.1.7 include:

The following public templates have had changes:
  • alert_post_reaction
  • approval_item_user
  • connected_account_associated_google
  • core_button.less
  • core_tooltip.less
  • forum_view
  • payment_initiate.less
  • reaction_item_post
  • thread_edit
Where necessary, the merge system within the "outdated templates" page should be used to integrate these changes.

As always, new releases of XenForo are free to download for all customers with active licenses, who may now grab the new version from the customer area.

Note: add-ons, customizations and styles made for XenForo 1.x are not compatible with XenForo 2.x. If your site relies upon these for essential functionality, ensure that a XenForo 2 version exists before you start to upgrade. We strongly recommend you make a backup before attempting an upgrade.

Current Requirements

Please note that XenForo 2.1.x has higher system requirements than XenForo 1.x.

The following are minimum requirements:
  • PHP 5.6 or newer (PHP 7.3 recommended)
  • MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
  • All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.1.
  • Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
Installation and Upgrade Instructions for XenForo 2.1

Full details of how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual.

If you are already running XF 2.1 or above we strongly recommend upgrading directly from within your control panel.

Note that when upgrading from XenForo 1.x, all add-ons will be disabled and style customizations will not be maintained. New versions of add-ons will need to be installed and customizations will need to be redone. We strongly recommended that you make a backup before attempting an upgrade. Once upgraded, you will not be able to downgrade without restoring from a backup.

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

XenForo Media Gallery 2.1.7 Released

XenForo Media Gallery 2.1.7 is now available for all licensed customers to download. We recommend that all customers running previous versions of XenForo Media Gallery 2.1 upgrade to this release to benefit from increased stability.

Download XenForo Media Gallery 2.1.7
or
Upgrade directly from within your control panel

Some of the changes in XFMG 2.1.7 include:

The following public templates have had changes:
  • xfmg_gallery_bb_code.less
Where necessary, the merge system within the "outdated templates" page should be used to integrate these changes.

XenForo Media Gallery requires XenForo 2.1 or later.

Purchasing

XenForo Media Gallery can be purchased with a new license via the purchase page or with an existing license via the customer area.

Installation, Upgrading and Configuration

Please see our XenForo Media Gallery manual page for more information.

Whatever

No one
Collaborate
Registered

Waiting for nulled to be posted here. :)

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Only Enxf can post :LOL::D

HarryPotteR

Registered

@DareDevil we both can:
sdf.png