Released 2x XenForo & Add-ons 2.2.0 Beta 1 Released

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

We are delighted to announce that XenForo 2.2.0 Beta 1 is now available to all customers with active licenses. XenForo 2.2 includes a large number of new features and improvements, including:
And much more! You can read more about the above and other new changes/improvements features in the Have you seen...? forum.

This is beta software. It is not officially supported.
We do not recommend running it in production.

Please remember that this is beta software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend running beta software in a production environment, and support is limited at this time to questions here on the community forums.

Add-ons and custom styles may be broken after upgrading to 2.2. You must test your add-ons thoroughly or look for updates. Be especially careful with add-ons that cover similar features to ones that are added to 2.2; these may conflict with the core XenForo data. If data conflicts are found, they will need to be resolved in a new add-on release or by removing the add-on before upgrading to 2.2.

If you choose to run beta software, it is your responsibility to ensure that you make a backup of your data. We recommend you do this before attempting an upgrade. If in doubt, always do a test upgrade on a copy of your production data.

All customers with active licenses may now download the new version from the customer area.

Alongside the release of XenForo 2.2.0 Beta 1, we are also releasing updated versions of each of our official add-ons:
  • XenForo Media Gallery 2.2.0 Beta 1
  • XenForo Resource Manager 2.2.0 Beta 1
  • XenForo Enhanced Search 2.2.0 Beta1
Each of these has been updated to integrate with the new features in XenForo 2.2 and add features of their own:

Media Gallery:
Lightbox navigation and attachment mirroring

Resource Manager:
Teams, review custom fields and review voting

Enhanced Search:
Similar threads when composing or viewing threads

Customers with active licenses for these add-ons may download the new versions from their customer area.

Requirements
The following are minimum requirements:
  • PHP 7.0 or newer
  • MySQL 5.5 and newer
  • All of the add-ons listed here require XenForo 2.2.
  • Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0
Note: Only the PHP version requirements have changed here. However, even if you're running PHP 7.0 we strongly recommend upgrading to PHP 7.4 at the earliest opportunity for improvements in speed, security and stability. We also recommend MySQL 5.7/8.0 (or equivalent).

Installation and upgrade instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo manual. One-click upgrades from XF 2.1 are possible, but you must uncheck the "Only check for stable upgrades" option in Options > Basic board information. Once the XF 2.2 upgrade has been complete, the official add-ons should be upgraded as well.

Please remember that this is beta/preview software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend or support running beta software in a production environment. Support for beta releases is limited to questions here on the community forums.

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

This is gonna be exciting.

Loki

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

hello awesome looks great;)

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Looks great, excited to try it out :D

repci

Registered

I'll try it out at a test facility. Invision community also has a beta version. For my invision it has more appeal at the moment.

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

invision is too far away from xenforo ? no comparison should me made !

repci

Registered

I do not compare, I see which system responds best to my needs. Invisión is closer than I need. I have the impression that you judge very lightly.

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@repci I must admit the same. I tried Invision a couple of days ago, and there are countless features in IPS that I just can't find in Xenforo that I'd love to have in my community. One of them is definitely the advanced support system.

Lovester

Registered

Well in my opinion XF is more solid as a platform than IPB, to build powerful add-ons. That's my experience with dozens of custom developed add-ons in XF 1 and now v2.

cmd

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@Lovester you're not wrong there. Xenforo has a much larger community-driven content pool, but then there are a lot of features in IPS, out of the box, that you'd just never find in Xenforo, with or without an addon.