Xenforo files

pikitsu

Registered

I don't quite understand this file setting. Or anything else...
The instructions tell:
"Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory."

If I upload the files there, I lose all the old files in the upoad-folder??? Can I do that?

driver37

Registered

What are you trying to do exactly? You want to upload the contents of the upload folder to the public_html directory of your web host. If you have something there already that you don't want to lose then you can create a new directory called forums, community, or whatever you want and just upload the files to that directory.

pikitsu

Registered

Does not work.
I already have the Forums (keskustelu) directory and there is Xenforo with its settings and add-ons.
I already have the upload-folder.
All data is lost if I install a new add-on as instructed, "Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory."

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 60

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Does not work.
I already have the Forums (keskustelu) directory and there is Xenforo with its settings and add-ons.
I already have the upload-folder.
All data is lost if I install a new add-on as instructed, "Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory."
pikitsuI do not know what you are doing is it possible that you changed the file permission during the upload?
If you upload the content of the addons (src / style / ... ) into your root of xenforo, where src folder is located, nothing could break.

Check file permissions and set user. Is it windows or linux system

driver37

Registered

You're trying to install an addon? If that's the case then no it won't delete anything but add to what's already there. Most likely the folder it's going to uploading to is the src folder but every addon is different but most of the addon files will go there.

pikitsu

Registered

Im trying install KL-editorManager addon.
There are js, src proxy.php and styles folders under upload-folder

"Item named "upload" already exists.
Replace old file with new one? (If it contains folders, it will be merged. To backup and replace, select Backup.)
"

I really dont understand what to do

driver37

Registered

What FTP program are you using to upload the files? You just upload the files inside the upload folder not the upload folder itself.

pikitsu

Registered

Wordpress File Manager. I can upload files anywehere.

js, src proxy.php and styles folder under upload folder? But there are older files allready.

I still dont understand what this install info means: ""Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory."

This is the eighth place I've asked about the meaning of a sentence.
In seven Xenforo sites, no one has known how to install the add-on

+

Attachments

• fucking upload.jpg
    fucking upload.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Wordpress File Manager. I can upload files anywehere.

js, src proxy.php and styles folder under upload folder? But there are older files allready.

I still dont understand what this install info means: ""Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory."

This is the eighth place I've asked about the meaning of a sentence.
In seven Xenforo sites, no one has known how to install the add-on

+
pikitsuas mentioned multiple times, these folder must be in the root of xenforo. so all folders below upload folder of the addon need to be placed into the root of xenforo. this means in detail from your screenshot:
src folder of addon will overwrite or the src folder of xenforo root and place the new files into that one, the same need to be done for the others, like style in style and js in js.

But it looks like you want to install as well a theme, here it will be the same, but the XML file need to be loaded via the ACP