XENFORO vs IPS

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Ok, I have readen good things about one or other platform...
But...anyone that has been using both system and can tell me which one really is better ( considering the last versions ) ?
Overall, using images, Albums, and integration with CDN.
BTW : I'm using XF at the moment. And NO idea about IPS.

Thanks.

sarvin_pakzad

программист и дизайнер
Collaborate
Registered

Sorry for my ENG - my lang is not eng :) .I am fully acquainted with both systems. And I worked with these systems for almost years. Significant capabilities will be added due to the new updates that they offer. But in general, one cannot be rejected and the other cannot be confirmed. Both have disadvantages and advantages. If I say xenforo in terms of style, SEO and optimization, it is better in terms of security, advanced editing and IPS power. If you are familiar with ips, do not go to xenforo..If you are familiar with IPS, do not go to xenforo. And if you want visual and soft capabilities, do not go to IPS

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Thanks.
Ok, so you are saying that if I'm familiar with XF , do not go to IPS. Right ? :)
I just seen some screenshot, and gallery, images, seems like much better in IPS..., and also the administration. But I believe you :)

sarvin_pakzad

программист и дизайнер
Collaborate
Registered

No I say if you are proficient in one of these systems work on it and be pro, but if you want to experience IPS it is great. I reject or accept none. Although I can create the best forum with myBB. So it depends on your skills in HTML, PHP, CSS, &
Creativity in designing

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Agree. BTW, just installed to test it, and yes, what people say it's true. Admin panel is much more clean and easy to use.
Front end , also seems better as it is (default design).
Now...in terms of easy to use for users and performance I don't know...
I just tested upload a couple of images and gifs, getting a 503 error :) , timeout. And try to configure CDN all CSS broken.
But well...were only test.

sarvin_pakzad

программист и дизайнер
Collaborate
Registered

@zeus1971
IPS 4 > Xenforo 2.1/2.2 = it possible
--------------------------------
Xenforo > IPS 4 = It is very complicated and the IPS system may have a problem. It was previously possible through older versions (IPB 3.3/3.4), but with the update to version IPS4, this feature has become obsolete. maybe in future...

TrickyRicky

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Id have to say for simplicity id opt for IPS no messing around simple plop and place. But then there is Xen its more complicated far to many options and permissions but can be set up to be formidable.

And you say its for images? IPS gallery is amazing its true. But then you could opt for other software or scripts