XF - CDN & Storage Zone (cloud)

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

As @Pr0fesseur explain me in another post, XENFORO cannot CDN caching internal-data, where full imges/attachments are stored. Natively it can only cache external data. (avatars, thumbanils,etc...)
So first option is using an addon that move internal-data to external data (at the moment I view only one that can do it), and a second option is using cloud storage zone.
I don't like the first option, becouse setup is not clear, many bugs or errors, no XF officially support, and basically in my opinion not "mature", solid, or tested enought.
I like the second option ( with Bunny CDN ) , but I don't understand how manage automatically the storage and links. I mean..., ok I upload the images to the Bunny zone, and than what parameters I have to change in config.php to point there ?
And after a first upload, the new images can be uploaded automatically from XF ?
And what about path and images/Albums permisisons ?

Probably these are "XF offical forum" questions, but you know....:rolleyes:

Ciao!

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

This is what the official CDN support said :

"
I do see in the response headers the image provided is set to:
cache-control: private, no-cache, max-age=0

I wonder if changing these values on the origin would make our CDN cache and deliver the images?
You could also try creating another Pull Zone and setting this URL (where the images are) as the Origin URL.
Or try with setting the IP of the server as the Origin IP and do full site caching and creating some Edge Rules to prevent dynamic content from being cached and causing issues.
"
So, option 2 and 3 doesn't work.
Option 1, change the cache-control, no idea how to do it....for a couple of DIR that contain images in XF (media and attachments).

Last edited:

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered