Help to upload files - resource manager

missbhaving

Registered

Sorry to jump on here but I have come across an unknown issue with uploads not loading if they are above 100mb all of a sudden.

When you attach the file it simply sits at 0%

Screenshot_20230622_224903_Opera.jpg Screenshot_20230622_224912_Opera.jpg
Screenshot_20230622_213718_Opera.jpg

Can anyone help please im at my wits end

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Sorry to jump on here but I have come across an unknown issue with uploads not loading if they are above 100mb all of a sudden.

When you attach the file it simply sits at 0%

View attachment 35511 View attachment 35512
View attachment 35513

Can anyone help please im at my wits end
missbhaving@ENXF NET this same bug exists on ENXF too.
Whenever I upload a resource it sits at 0% doesn't matter what the file size is.
I wait a few seconds to assume that upload is completed.

View previous replies…

missbhaving

Registered

Good luck. waiting for the updates.
Zer01neNo issue on cloudflare side
Server guy said

all values server side are increased and are not the issue, different php-based script on same server is respecting the said values and showing them

xenforo is also showing the right values on the admin start page

xenforo attachment settings page is showing a MUCH lower size, and saying it's the recommended size for the server settings

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

No issue on cloudflare side
Server guy said

all values server side are increased and are not the issue, different php-based script on same server is respecting the said values and showing them

xenforo attachment settings page is showing a MUCH lower size, and saying it's the recommended size for the server settings
missbhavingHave you looked into the error log and into the console log during the upload?

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

No issue on cloudflare side
Server guy said

missbhavingCloudflare's default file upload size limit: By default, Cloudflare has a file upload size limit of 100MB for free users. If you're using Cloudflare's free plan, it could be restricting the file upload size.

Did you try disconnecting Cloudflare?

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Cloudflare's default file upload size limit: By default, Cloudflare has a file upload size limit of 100MB for free users. If you're using Cloudflare's free plan, it could be restricting the file upload size.

Did you try disconnecting Cloudflare?
Zer01neif that is the case, then you can use the addon to chunk the upload.

Reactions: jim

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

if that is the case, then you can use the addon to chunk the upload.
BattleKingI don't think that will bypass Cloudflare. If the domain is not connected with Cloudflare then it'll work otherwise there is no use for it with the Cloudflare Free plan.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I don't think that will bypass Cloudflare. If the domain is not connected with Cloudflare then it'll work otherwise there is no use for it with the Cloudflare Free plan.
Zer01nebut if you upload in chunks, how should cloudlfare recognize this ;) this was the idea of the addon, that if you got upload limits you can anyway upload files.

Features

• Option to define the chunk size of each upload. This value cannot be higher than the maximum upload file size reported by your server.
  • Option to define the number of simultaneous chunk uploads (up to 10)
  • Virtually increase the maximum attachment size up to 128GB (see limitations below)
  • Integrates seamlessly with the XenForo Attachment Manager
  • Easily upload 4K video directly to your forum
    • To increase your storage capabilities integrate a service such as Amazon AWS or Digital Ocean Spaces - Tutorial
    • For better video results it is recommended to use a video CDN such as Swarmify
  • Easily bypass Cloudflare's 100MB upload limit
https://enxf.net/resources/chunked-uploads-xf2.2467/

missbhaving

Registered

Hey guys, my apologies for lack of responses but I had a loss in the family; but want to thank you all for your suggestions

I have looked at cloudflare. My server guy tried deactivating cloudflare and the issue remained so because I have a (currently deactivated) separate domain & server which I used to host videos on (using KVS) I reactivated it and low and behold I uploaded a 350mb video with no problem.

I have also tried the chunked uploads and although it sets the allowances higher Iin the ACP I am still unable to load anything bigger than 100mb on the forum.

The idea was to have everything under one roof so to speak but it seems the forces may be against me on that

Thanks again, you guys are an absolute wonder to behold in responding 😊

Last edited: