How to re-parse BBCodes?

jaumerrr

Registered

Hello,

I just migrated my phpBB forum to Xenforo but seems my BBCodes are not working. For example in a post where there is a YouTube video/URL... The URL is shown in the message. If I edit the message and just re-save, then the video is shown correctly.

So my question is if anyone knows how to force a total re-parse of all posts so the BBCodes are refreshed.... I have thousands of posts and can not go re-saving them one by one.

Is there any tool in Xenforo or Add-on that can solve this ?

Thanks !!

jaumerrr

Registered

Sorry, I have more info, in fact its not the BBcodes but the Oembeds. On my old PhpBB forum, videos from youtube, vimeo, etc. were inserted into the posts as plain URLs and then when published the videos were shown.

I see Xenforo works the same way, you paste the youtube url and whn publish video is shown ... but for the imported posts the url shows in the message, and to show it I have to edit and save, then seems the oembed is shown.

So question is how to force a reparse of the youtube and vimeo urls basically.

Thanks.

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

You could try rebuilding posts.

ACP - Tools - Rebuilds

jaumerrr

Registered

already tried, doesn't work.

I am trying now with the Resave All Posts Addon that seems may be the solution.

jaumerrr

Registered

the Resave All Posts Addon did the trick, but I had to modify it as it was stopping every thousands posts or so .. and I had 600.000+ threads...