How to use first and last name instead of username?

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Hello guys,
Is there any way to use first and last name instead of username on the registration page?
Or
How to rename the username field on the registration page.
Thanks.

one_finger_man

Registered

Hello guys,
Is there any way to use first and last name instead of username on the registration page?
Or
How to rename the username field on the registration page.
Thanks.
Zer01neyou can not do that witch it would be a risk for your members info and you would be held accountable for data breach so i would not suggest that

jim

Registered

you can not do that witch it would be a risk for your members info and you would be held accountable for data breach so i would not suggest that
one_finger_manAgreed usernames provide an additional layer of anonymity and can protect users from unwanted attention.

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

you can not do that witch it would be a risk for your members info and you would be held accountable for data breach so i would not suggest that
one_finger_manThanks. People getting confused by the username as my forum is not for anonymous people.
It'd be great if I can show their names instead of their username.
I don't want to remove the username field what I want is for users should be known by their name instead of their username.
I can create a custom field but it won't display as Username that's why.

one_finger_man

Registered

Thanks. People getting confused by the username as my forum is not for anonymous people.
It'd be great if I can show their names instead of their username.
I don't want to remove the username field what I want is for users should be known by their name instead of their username.
I can create a custom field but it won't display as Username that's why.
Zer01neyou are asking us if there is any way of putting there real names not the users.. still you will not want to do such things that would hurt your community if you want to use there real name than you can add something to the register page for an option but i dont think your member really want other to kno3 what there real names are you have to many data breach on website that are even protect and they still seem to get threw..like if you are selling something on your community they can get there info and all there credit cards info.and you would be left being in courts for a long time my friend

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

you are asking us if there is any way of putting there real names not the users.. still you will not want to do such things that would hurt your community if you want to use there real name than you can add something to the register page for an option but i dont think your member really want other to kno3 what there real names are you have to many data breach on website that are even protect and they still seem to get threw..like if you are selling something on your community they can get there info and all there credit cards info.and you would be left being in courts for a long time my friend
one_finger_manOn my forum users are willing to view their names instead of their username.
I don't sell anything and nothing confidential on the forum.
Thanks for your advice brother. It means a lot.