Login in Admin Panel

kainos

Registered

I had many years IPS Forum. He has one good option. In Admin Panel login not with my username. My username kwno all member, and they can try login in AC with my username. Does XenForo Forum have option login as Administrator with oter username, not with username with it I write on Forum?

boo

Registered

I wouldn't go to the trouble of changing admin.php to something else.

There are other easy steps that can be taken.

Use a very strong password.
Enable 2 step verification.
Install dbtech security. (this can ban failed login attempts)
Use Apache authentication.
Install fail2ban. Failed logins to apache authentications can be automatically banned.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I had many years IPS Forum. He has one good option. In Admin Panel login not with my username. My username kwno all member, and they can try login in AC with my username. Does XenForo Forum have option login as Administrator with oter username, not with username with it I write on Forum?
kainosCreate a new admin account and remove yours from admin group. Why did you post with your admin account if you want that noone knows this admin account? I do not understand your question

boo

Registered

Create a new admin account and remove yours from admin group. Why did you post with your admin account if you want that noone knows this admin account? I do not understand your question
BattleKingI read his first post as users know his admin username and are trying to access the admin panel.

Imo there's nothing to do improve some security steps.