My website was ddos - HTTP ERROR 504

legendsehi

Registered

How to stop ddos? I used: ddos-guard, cloudflare, bunnycdn and stackpath. Nothing Works i just wasted my money. I also move to a different host, I almost tried all the webhost found on the internet. None of them can mitigate it ?? Please help me @ENXF NET and others.

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

And do you really see high activity request Hosting or Cloudflare side ?

legendsehi

Registered

Me and my webhost didn't solve the HTTP ERROR 504 (It occurs after ddos attack). So the only solution that i did is to change webhost. I don't want to buy a new host every ddos attack. Please help me??

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Sometimes opening a support ticket to the hosting helpdesk, they change hosting server or they take actions.
And if you use cloudflare, even if is not a "great" solution, set it as "under attack".

retard

Registered

If the attacker doesn't know your origin IP, you could just use CloudFlare. Otherwise you need a host that provides DDoS protection. I don't think there is any other way.

legendsehi

Registered

they always want me to move to other host. They can't handle my traffic. Though it was just came from a ddos attack

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

Genrally the problem is with share hosting, if you are using VPS is strange...

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@legendsehi @legendsehi I'm in share hosting. I try something cheap, bluehost, Hostinger, and something else, and more or less same result. Quite good with small comunity, and you to have to push for solutions or action when you are under attack.

legendsehi

Registered

@zeus1971 My forum is not that big, but i always being under attack. Many of my users are complaining. Yeah that's why i tried many ddos protection, webhost, and vps. Even xloudflare under attack mode didn't worked.

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

@legendsehi you have to see where those attacks come from and block it from a plugin that has xenforo

Whatever

No one
Collaborate
Registered

If u use a panel of some kind then it surely can be ddosed as it leaks the ip. No matter if u r using cf or not. Once attacker knows ur ip he can ddos. Best practice is to hide ur new server ip before moving ur site to new host.