XenForo 2.0 need help combining 2 styles together (should be easy)

k1llmax

Registered

Hi! so i'm currently using CSCN anniversary and i absolutely love the style and want it present in pretty much my entire forum... except member profiles

because of the limited window space i just want to replace all the member profiles with the member view of a different theme (namely xenforo black default)

i tried copy pasting the templates from xenforo black onto the templates for cscn specifically the "member_view" template but that didnt do anything

this would be such an improvement to my forum i would REALLY appreciate it... im just a bit of a novice regarding this stuff so i haven't had much success figuring it out myself

an alternative solution would be forcing the theme entirely whenever a member profile is viewed... but as far as my googling can find that doesnt seem 2 be an existing addon

anyway here's some visual aid for what im trying 2 do, 1st attachment is my desired result (that i want only applied on member profiles), 2nd attachment is my current default cscn member profiles (ugly as hell lol)

any help at all would be appreciated!

k1llmax

Registered

update... im finding that my main problem is in the page_container... just have no idea how to delete only the things i dont want and keep the things i want... any help in modifying the page container specifically regarding member profiles would be extremely helpful

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

please let other people know what you did and how you solved it

k1llmax

Registered

my solution wasn't great lol... basically i rebuilt the theme template by template and in the xml file property by property 2 narrow down what exactly was the issue... although there was some guesswork bc i was going 3 or 4 at a time i think i can confidently say the "HTML Background" and "Page Wrapper" custom properties were the one's causing the issue i was having... i didn;t end up needing 2 combine themes or anything... just rebuilt the CSCN theme 4 my desired site... ur mileage may vary but thats what did it 4 me... export the xml,, scroll all the way down 2 the properties,, and delete some custom ones (alongside a couple hours of admin control panel style properties adjustments 2 make the site still look normal)

was sorta a grueling task but im super ocd about small stuff like that so imo it was worth it lol

richardrapid83

Registered

well I will try by myself. the difficult of this task is challenging. as a newbie need to learn more