Recovered old XenForo 2.0 database - Help with upgrading

lazarote

web enthusiastic
Collaborate
Registered

Hello everyone,

I was recently able to recover a MySQL database from an old XenForo 2.0 forum that is no longer active. The issue is that when trying to access, I get the message "The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later." I know that if I do a direct complete import, some data from the profile_post_comments would be lost that I'd like to keep.

I have SQL access to the old database. The ideal would be to enter the installation as the administrator and manually complete the /install wizard before importing any data. But I don't have an admin account for that old database.

i need administrator privileges without importing

I appreciate any help in advance!

Last edited:

Pinuccio

Registered

Hello everyone,

I was recently able to recover a MySQL database from an old XenForo 2.0 forum that is no longer active. The issue is that when trying to access without having the addons installed, I get the message "The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later." I know that if I do a direct complete import, some data from the profile_post_comments would be lost that I'd like to keep.

I have SQL access to the old database. The ideal would be to enter the installation as the administrator and manually complete the /install wizard before importing any data. But I don't have an admin account for that old database.

i need administrator privileges without importing

I appreciate any help in advance!
lazaroteit's simple, just upload it, change the admin password and that's it! Then you can update it.

lazarote

web enthusiastic
Collaborate
Registered