Today my forum not opening and saying request time out connection is this forum issue ?

ShieldX

Registered

what is request time out issue ? is this related to forum or hosting ?

sucre13

Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

any backup image did you make any modification or something

ShieldX

Registered

ShieldX

Registered

any backup image did you make any modification or something
sucre13
1662444511079.png

View previous replies…

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

ShieldX

What is the Request Timeout Error?​

The Request Timeout error is an error message generated by the web server in response to running very long scripts. The server cancels these long-running scripts (even those that use set_time_limit()) and terminates all related processes with an error. There are 2 simple ways to solve this error:
  1. Increase the Time Limit
  2. Rewriting .htaccess rules to disable the connection timeout

How to Solve the Request Timeout Error​

Method 1: Increase the Time Limit

If your server times out too early, the most logical way to prevent this is by increasing the time limit. You can do this by increasing the max_execution_time in your php.ini file. By default, the time limit is set as 30s. Simply edit your php.ini file and add the following code:

max_execution_time = 300;

However, most hosting providers do not allow you to edit your php.ini file. So you can use the .htaccess or wp-config.php file to specify new limits.

For .htaccess, add the following code:

php_value max_execution_time 300

Method 2: Disable Connection Timeout Via .htaccess

If setting the time limit does not fix the Request Timeout error, it means your server has special rules defined to override your custom settings. Therefore, we need to disable these rules. Your .htaccess file is key here.

Simply edit your .htaccess file and paste the following code:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=noabort:1]
RewriteRule .* - [E=noconntimeout:1]

ShieldX

Registered

The Request Timeout error is an error message generated by the web server in response to running very long scripts. The server cancels these long-running scripts (even those that use set_time_limit()) and terminates all related processes with an error. There are 2 simple ways to solve this error:

If your server times out too early, the most logical way to prevent this is by increasing the time limit. You can do this by increasing the max_execution_time in your php.ini file. By default, the time limit is set as 30s. Simply edit your php.ini file and add the following code:

However, most hosting providers do not allow you to edit your php.ini file. So you can use the .htaccess or wp-config.php file to specify new limits.

If setting the time limit does not fix the Request Timeout error, it means your server has special rules defined to override your custom settings. Therefore, we need to disable these rules. Your .htaccess file is key here.

RewriteEngine On
BattleKingi already tried all these method settings from google and youtube , its not getting fixed.

ShieldX

Registered

RewriteEngine On
BattleKingall settings i am applied ,
Now check again it will keep loading.....i am pissed off...

ShieldX

Registered

RewriteEngine On
BattleKing
1662449196920.png

after doing all settings , now getting this issue :

ShieldX

Registered

ahh finally i got the issue ,
1662450961778.jpg

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

View previous replies…

ShieldX

Registered

And what process caused the issue?
Is it a shared host?

great if you ve found it.
BattleKingyes it my shared hosting , that why i think its unable to handle traffic. i would like to ask , what enxf hosting use ?

my admin is telling try to shift on VPS .

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

yes it my shared hosting , that why i think its unable to handle traffic. i would like to ask , what enxf hosting use ?

my admin is telling try to shift on VPS .
ShieldXYou can try VPS hosting form Contabo, Hetzner or OVH. But you might have to manage all things in VPS on your own, or you can buy a CPanel license, and use CPanel to handle things more smoothly

ShieldX

Registered

You can try VPS hosting form Contabo, Hetzner or OVH. But you might have to manage all things in VPS on your own, or you can buy a CPanel license, and use CPanel to handle things more smoothly
Soft4Winall issue fixed but now my forum is running very slow , do you have any solutions ?

ShieldX

Registered

use lite speed cache you can also use .htaccess and put a rule to speed up the website or use cloudflare to minify your website
UNKNOWN PHyes but unable to do it , because my site is very very slow , many time i have to refresh , first i will disable all pluings..my cpu 99% that the issue now...

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

yes but unable to do it , because my site is very very slow , many time i have to refresh , first i will disable all pluings..my cpu 99% that the issue now...
ShieldXImplement Cloudflare as CDN so it will handle some of your load, and also protect against some attacks. If no attack is taking place, than the issue is with your host, and you should consider switching to a different host.

ShieldX

Registered

Implement Cloudflare as CDN so it will handle some of your load, and also protect against some attacks. If no attack is taking place, than the issue is with your host, and you should consider switching to a different host.
Soft4Wini was checking the analaytic and bandwidth 1.72gb coming from USA ? is this some kind of attack ?

UNKNOWN PH

RUSH ARMY
Registered

yes but unable to do it , because my site is very very slow , many time i have to refresh , first i will disable all pluings..my cpu 99% that the issue now...
ShieldXif you want i have own webhosting and reseller hosting you can buy to me
its cheap and affordable + high cpu usages contabo server