Years of service

Samuel

Registered

Hello meats, In the default settings, we currently display the member join date in the user info block.

I'd like to add a line that shows the number of years, in whole numbers, since they joined. ie: "5 Year Member" or "2 Years of service"

Any suggestions (conditional statements) or the best way to insert that?

32123.jpg

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

if that is in postbit just copy the postbit code :D

lazarote

web enthusiastic
Collaborate
Registered

Hello meats, In the default settings, we currently display the member join date in the user info block.

I'd like to add a line that shows the number of years, in whole numbers, since they joined. ie: "5 Year Member" or "2 Years of service"

Any suggestions (conditional statements) or the best way to insert that?

View attachment 25315
Lawyerits an usergroup, using this addon (Its free)

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-criteria-extended.6276/

Create a usergroup for each year u want. Then create a promotion (the addon extend the default user criteria) and thats it. Or the ¨hard¨ way (not that hard), just inserting the class with conditional statements

Code:
<xf:date time="$user.register_date" />

Last edited:

Samuel

Registered

its an usergroup, using this addon (Its free)

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-criteria-extended.6276/

Create a usergroup for each year u want. Then create a promotion (the addon extend the default user criteria) and thats it. Or the ¨hard¨ way (not that hard), just inserting the class with conditional statements

Code:
<xf:date time="$user.register_date" />
lazaroteDid you understand my question correctly o_O?? this is different from the user registration date. Your answer is very complicated. Can you take a video or send screenshots?

Last edited:
View previous replies…

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Did you understand my question correctly o_O?? this is different from the user registration date. Your answer is very complicated. Can you take a video or send screenshots?
LawyerThere are many ways to do this

The answer above is quite clear.

You can do this by creating a trophy, or an award or both. you can create a usergroup called "5 year member" and attach it to a trophy that is only earned after 5 years on the platform using a date filter.

Trophy Award add number of days for the 5 years.
1629583981571.jpg

1629584061184.png

Tie awards to anything :D
1629584316272.jpg

Add user group promotion add number of days to get promotion to new user group called "5 year service"
1629584189184.jpg

1629584239979.png

Samuel

Registered

There are many ways to do this

The answer above is quite clear.

You can do this by creating a trophy, or an award or both. you can create a usergroup called "5 year member" and attach it to a trophy that is only earned after 5 years on the platform using a date filter.

Trophy Award add number of days for the 5 years.
View attachment 25330
View attachment 25331
Tie awards to anything :D
View attachment 25334

Add user group promotion add number of days to get promotion to new user group called "5 year service"
View attachment 25332
View attachment 25333
Pr0fesseurOMG, thank your bro but you and @lazarote did not understand what I want. i don't want to create a upgrade or promote them. creating a us group and attach it to a trophy so simple guys 😃. In fact, I want to show the time a user has been a member of my forum, ( ie: He registered 2 years ago ) from the time he registers, shown as a sign below his postbit that he is a user for several years. i just want this code man, is a line of code. not user group promotion or trophy / awards.

1629584061184.png

i want the picture above as a if code :

for example : <xf:if is="$user.registered_for == 365 days"> 1 YEARS OF SERVICE </xf:if>

like cracked.to :

Untitled-1.jpg

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

OMG, thank your bro but you and @lazarote did not understand what I want. i don't want to create a upgrade or promote them. creating a us group and attach it to a trophy so simple guys 😃. In fact, I want to show the time a user has been a member of my forum, ( ie: He registered 2 years ago ) from the time he registers, shown as a sign below his postbit that he is a user for several years. i just want this code man, is a line of code. not user group promotion or trophy / awards.

View attachment 25341

i want the picture above as a if code :

for example : <xf:if is="$user.registered_for == 365 days"> 1 YEARS OF SERVICE </xf:if>

like cracked.to :

View attachment 25340
LawyerThe banner in postbit has to be tied to something. You can't just insert a random piece of code per user. That would be insane to try to keep track of.

You can create a user group that awards the banner without any sort of "upgrade"

You can tie it to trophies, awards, or user banners. Since you don't clearly know how they work in the first place you cannot clearly use them the way they were intended.

The problem is that you don't know how the forum actually functions and how the postbit is formatted. Therefore what you want is not what you actually want. But what you think you want.

Xenforo postbit has sections that are controlled by other settings and plugins. If you don't already know this then you shouldn't be asking for something you clearly don't understand how it works.

Your questions have been answered. You have been given multiple answers that will do as you ask. Yet you reject our help. We DO know what you want. But you are unwilling to accept that help.

Samuel

Registered

no anybody know that realy ?? :)😳